This was a week full of distractions from work: a last-minute victory by the United States over Algeria to advance in the 2010 World Cup, the N.B.A. draft, and the arrival of some new phone. But Friday is a good day to catch up on reading, so see what came across our screens this week.
• A new study found that while more than three in four companies are using social media, less than half actually have a plan on where to go with it.
• MediaPost is being coy about how it feels that so many companies lack a social media plan: “Your Half-Assed Social Media Strategy Is A Quagmire”
• Google takes on Apple by upstaging iPhone 4 release
• Twitter announces new app to “follow” Facebook friends automatically. It’s immediate blocked by Zuckerberg and friends.
• Be an “influencer,” get free stuff.
Have a great weekend!
Director of Social Media